- Acta Politica: One of the few truly international political science journals with a broad scope across the discipline (published by Springer). Subfield: Comparative Politics .
- Administration & Society: Academic journal on public and human service organizations, their administrative processes and their effects on society. Subfield: Public Administration .
- African Affairs: Published on behalf of the Royal African Society, the top ranked journal in African Studies, an inter-disciplinary journal with a focus on the politics and international relations of sub-Saharan Africa. Subfield: African Politics .
- African J. of Political Science & Int'l Relations: Research on politics and international relations especially those pertaining to Africa. Subfield: African Politics .
- African Journal of Political Science: Published by the African Association of Political Science with the aim of providing a platform for African perspectives on issues of politics, economy and society in Africa. Subfield: African Politics .
- African Security: Strives to investigate the myriad issues relating to conflict and security within and between African nations, not only from the more traditional approaches to security studies but also from more novel and innovative perspectives. Subfield: African Politics .
- Am. Rev. of Politics: Publishes original research on American political development, Southern Politics, early American political thought, and American political process. Subfield: American Politics .
- American Journal of Political Science: Published on behalf of the Midwest Political Science Association. .
- American Law and Economics Review: From the American Law and Economics Association. Subfield: Public Policy .
- American Political Science Review: A flagship journal for political science research. .
- American Politics Research: Academic journal or the dissemination of the latest theory, research and analyses in American political science. Subfield: American Politics .
- American Review of Public Admin.: An academic journal in the field of public affairs and public administration Subfield: Public Administration .
- Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science: Each volume is guest edited by outstanding scholars and experts in the topics studied and presents more than 200 pages of timely, in-depth research on a significant topic of concern. .
- Annual Review of Political Science: Outlines major developments in field. .
- Asian Journal of Comparative Politics: The core field of the journal is Comparative Politics with the focus on Asia. Subfield: Asian Politics .
- Asian Journal of Political Science: A leading journal on Asian politics and governance, publishing on comparative politics, political thought, international relations, and policy and administration. Subfield: Asian Politics .
- Asian Politics & Policy: Dedicated to publishing quality articles on issues related to the domestic and international affairs of Asia. Subfield: Asian Politics .
- Australian Journal of Political Science: Official journal of the Australian Political Studies Association. .
- British J. of Politics & Int'l Relations: (Sage Publishing) Research on British politics Subfield: European Politics .
- British Journal of Political Science: Contributions are drawn from all fields of political science, widely recognized as one of the premier journals. .
- Business and Politics: Features articles that use the tools of social science to illuminate contemporary policy issues such as business strategy in weakly institutionalized environments, private regulation and privatization of services, and the relationship between busines Subfield: Public Policy .
- California J. of Politics & Policy: Online journal of original scholarship, research, and commentary on national, state, and local government, electoral politics, and public policy formation and implementation Subfield: American Politics .
- Canadian Journal of Political Science: Primary forum for innovative research on Canadian politics and government. Subfield: Comparative Politics .
- Chinese Journal of International Politics: Publishes peer-reviewed original research articles and analytical review essays issues mainly related to China or international relations in East Asia. Subfield: Asian Politics .
- Commonwealth: A Journal of Pennsylvania Politics & Policy: Peer-reviewed journal from the Pennsylvania Political Science Association that publishes original research in all subfields of political science. Subfield: American Politics .
- Comparative Political Studies: Scholarly work on comparative politics at both the cross-national and intra-national levels. Subfield: Comparative Politics .
- Congress & the Presidency: (Taylor & Francis) An interdisciplinary journal of political science and history that features articles on Congress, the President, the interaction between the two institutions, and national policy-making. Subfield: American Politics .
- Constitutional Political Economy: A forum for research in the broad area of constitutional analysis, which lies at the intersection of several approaches in modern economics. .
- Crime, Law and Social Change: peer reviewed journal that publishes essays and reviews addressing the political economy of organized crime whether at the transnational, national, regional or local levels anywhere in the world Subfield: Law Courts Justice .
- Criminal Justice Studies: a quarterly refereed journal, publishes articles that deal with substantive criminal justice and criminological issues Subfield: Law Courts Justice .
- Critical Policy Studies: (Taylor & Francis) Concentrates on the relation of political and policy theory to specific practices of governance. Subfield: Political Theory .
- Du Bois Review, The: Peer-reviewed journal devoted to research and criticism on race in the social sciences. .
- Economics of Governance: fosters research at many levels of governance, including corporations, non-profit organizations, local and federal governments, and international organizations. .
- Educational Administration Quarterly: Publishes prominent empirical and conceptual articles focused on timely and critical leadership and policy issues of educational organizations. Subfield: Public Administration .
- Election Law Journal: Peer-reviewed journal for up-to-date coverage of this evolving area of specialization. Subfield: Voting and Elections .
- Electoral Studies: International journal dedicated to the study of elections and voting in different parts of the world. Subfield: Voting and Elections .
- Environmental Politics: International, inter-disciplinary peer-reviewed journal for original research on environmental politics. .
- European J. of International Relations: Publishes peer-reviewed scholarly contributions across the full breadth of the field of International Relations. Subfield: International Relations .
- European Journal of Political Research: Original and substantial contributions to the study of comparative European politics. Subfield: European Politics .
- European Political Science Review: EPSR is wide-ranging, broad-minded and embraces all the key themes and approaches of the discipline and it is not restricted to any particular methodology or regional focus. .
- Forum: Professionally informed commentary on issues affecting contemporary American politics. Subfield: American Politics .
- Governance: a forum for the theoretical and practical discussion of executive politics, public policy, administration, and the organization of the state Subfield: Public Administration .
- GSTF J. of Law and Social Sciences: Peer reviewed, covers research broadly in law, social sciences and humanities .
- History of Political Thought: A quarterly journal which was launched in 1980 to fill a genuine academic need for a forum for work in this multidisciplinary area. Subfield: Political Theory .
- Illinois Political Science Review: From the Illinois Political Science Association .
- Int'l J. of Law, Crime and Justice: Refereed journal for high quality research and analysis in the areas of socio-legal studies and the psychology of law, criminology and social justice Subfield: Law Courts Justice .
- Int'l J. of Public Opinion Research: A source of informed analysis and comment for both professionals and academics. Subfield: Political Behavior .
- International Journal of Public Administration: An international, research-driven, and peer-reviewed publication aimed at exploring the latest developments in public administration, public policy, and management – translating theory for practice and practice into theory. Subfield: Public Administration .
- International Organization: A leading peer-reviewed journal that covers the entire field of international affairs. Subfield: International Relations .
- International Security: Publishes articles on the full range of contemporary security issues. Its articles address traditional topics, such as war and peace, as well as more recent dimensions of security. Subfield: International Relations .
- International Studies Quarterly: Publishes leading scholarship that engages with significant theoretical, empirical, and normative subjects in international studies. .
- International Theory: A peer reviewed journal which promotes theoretical scholarship about the positive, legal, and normative aspects of world politics respectively. .
- IPPR Progressive Review: A pluralistic space to debate where next for progressives, examine the opportunities and challenges confronting us and ask the big questions facing our politics: transforming a failed economic model, renewing a frayed social contract, building a new relationship with Europe. Subfield: European Politics .
- J. of Elections, Public Opinion & Parties: Publishes research on elections, public opinion, participation and political parties. Subfield: Voting and Elections .
- J. of Experimental Political Science: Features research that utilizes experimental methods or experimental reasoning based on naturally occurring data. .
- J. of Information Technology & Politics: Examines how information technology (IT) impacts, and is influenced by, politics and government .
- J. of Law, Econ. & Organization: Promotes understanding by examining complex phenomena from a combined law, economics, and organization perspective .
- J. of Policy Analysis & Management: This journal encompasses issues and practices in policy analysis and public management. Subfield: Public Administration .
- J. of Public Admin. Research & Theory: Serves as a bridge between public administration and public management scholarship on the one hand and public policy studies on the other. Subfield: Public Administration .
- Japanese Journal of Political Science: A peer-reviewed journal that publishes original theoretical and empirically tested political science research. .
- Journal of Chinese Political Science: A rigorously peer refereed academic journal in political science that publishes theoretical and empirical research articles on Chinese politics across the whole spectrum of political science. Subfield: Asian Politics .
- Journal of Church and State: seeks to stimulate interest, dialogue, research, and publication in the broad area of religion and the state .
- Journal of Common Market Studies: Innovative peer-reviewed research on Europe and comparative regional studies. Subfield: European Politics .
- Journal of Conflict Resolution: Focuses on conflict between and within states, but also explores a variety of inter-group and interpersonal conflicts that may help in understanding problems of war and peace Subfield: International Relations .
- Journal of Democracy: Critical discussions of the problems of and prospects for democracy around the world. .
- Journal of European Integration: Scholarly work on all aspects of the European integration process. Subfield: European Politics .
- Journal of European Public Policy: One of the flagship journals in the study of public policy, European politics and the EU. Subfield: European Politics .
- Journal of Experimental Criminology: focuses on high quality experimental and quasi-experimental research in the development of evidence based crime and justice policy Subfield: Law Courts Justice .
- Journal of Judicial Administration: a leading forum for the discussion of contemporary issues impacting on judicial administration Subfield: Law Courts Justice .
- Journal of Latin American Studies: Recent research in the field of Latin American studies. Subfield: Latin American Politics .
- Journal of Law and Courts: From the Law and Courts Organized Section of the American Political Science Association. Subfield: Law Courts Justice .
- Journal of Legislative Studies: (Taylor & Francis) Refereed journal, covering all aspects of legislative research and development, and aimed at scholars and researchers of legislative studies. .
- Journal of Peace Research: Focuses on the causes of violence and conflict resolution, strives for a global focus on conflict and peacemaking. Subfield: International Relations .
- Journal of Policy History: Interdisciplinary journal concerned with the application of historical perspectives to public policy studies. Subfield: Public Policy .
- Journal of Policy Modeling: Published by the Society for Policy Modeling as a forum for analysis and debate on policy issues. The Journal focuses upon the economic, social and political developments that now shape the world economy and the policies needed to improve them. Subfield: Public Policy .
- Journal of Political Economy: Significant research and scholarship in economic theory and practice. Subfield: Public Policy .
- Journal of Political Philosophy: Devoted to the study of theoretical issues arising out of moral, legal and political life. Subfield: Political Theory .
- Journal of Political Science: Published annually by the South Carolina Political Science Association Subfield: American Politics .
- Journal of Political Science Education: focuses on teaching and learning about politics Subfield: Teaching and Learning .
- Journal of Politics: Published for the Southern Political Science Association. .
- Journal of Politics and Law: Dedicated to promoting scholarly exchange among teachers and researchers in the field of politics and law. Subfield: Law Courts Justice .
- Journal of Politics in Latin America: A peer reviewed, Open Access journal focused on comparative politics in Latin America. Subfield: Latin American Politics .
- Journal of Public Economic Theory: Official journal of the Association of Public Economic Theory, dedicated to the growing field of public economics. Subfield: Public Policy .
- Journal of Public Policy: Applies social science theories and concepts to significant political, economic and social issues and to the ways in which public policies are made. Subfield: Public Policy .
- Journal of Race, Ethnicity and Politics: JREP highlights critical and timely research into the multiple junctures between politics and issues of race, ethnicity, immigration, and indigeneity. .
- Journal of Supreme Court History: Published for the Supreme Court Historical Society, the journal and the society are dedicated to the collection and preservation of the history of the Supreme Court. Subfield: Law Courts Justice .
- Journal of Theoretical Politics: An international peer reviewed journal one of whose principal aims is to foster the development of theory in the study of political processes. .
- Journal of Value Inquiry: an international, peer-reviewed, philosophical quarterly devoted to the stimulation and communication of research in value studies Subfield: Political Theory .
- Journal of Women, Politics & Policy: This peer-reviewed multidisciplinary, international journal presents the work of social scientists - including political scientists, sociologists, economists, and public policy specialists - who study the world through a gendered lens and uncover how .
- Justice System Journal: Interdisciplinary journal that publishes original research articles on all aspects of law, courts, court administration, judicial behavior, and the impact of all of these on public and social policy. Subfield: Law Courts Justice .
- Latin American Perspectives: A theoretical and scholarly journal for discussion and debate on the political economy of capitalism, imperialism, and socialism in the Americas. Subfield: Latin American Politics .
- Latin American Politics and Society: Publishes the highest-quality original social science scholarship on Latin America. Subfield: Latin American Politics .
- Latin American Research Review: Original research and review essays on Latin America, the Caribbean, and Latina/Latino studies Subfield: Latin American Politics .
- Law & Policy: Embraces varied research methodologies that interrogate law, governance, and public policy worldwide. .
- Law & Society Review: peer-reviewed publication for work bearing on the relationship between society and the legal process Subfield: Law Courts Justice .
- Law and Philosophy: Work that is of common interest to individuals in the disciplines of jurisprudence and legal philosophy. Subfield: Political Theory .
- Legislative Studies Quarterly: Devoted to research on representative assemblies. .
- Local Government Studies: Research on local politics, policy, public administration and management and governance. Subfield: Public Administration .
- National Civic Review: Learn about the latest developments in collaborative problems-solving, civic engagement, local government innovation and democratic governance. Subfield: American Politics .
- National Political Science Review: An annual refereed publication of the National Conference of Black Political Scientists. Subfield: American Politics .
- New England J. of Political Science: By the New England Political Science Association .
- New Political Economy: Aims to create a forum for work which combines the breadth of vision which characterised the classical political economy of the nineteenth century with the analytical advances of twentieth century. Subfield: Public Policy .
- New Political Science: Focuses on developing analyses which reflect a commitment to progressive social change as well as those which are within exploratory phases of development in political science. Subfield: Political Theory .
- Party Politics: (Sage Journals) Forum for the analysis of political parties. Subfield: Comparative Politics .
- Perspectives on Politics: Seeks to provide a space for broad and synthetic discussion within the political science profession and between the profession and the broader scholarly and reading publics. .
- Philosophy & Public Affairs: published in the belief that a philosophical examination of these issues can contribute to their clarification and to their resolution Subfield: Political Theory .
- Policy and Society: Publishes original and innovative research addressing policy theory and practice. Each issue of Policy and Society is overseen by a guest editor(s). Subfield: Public Policy .
- Policy Sciences: An interdisciplinary and international focus to the study of policy. Subfield: Public Policy .
- Policy Studies Journal: An outlet for theoretically and empirically grounded research on policy process and policy analysis. Subfield: Public Policy .
- Political Analysis: Academic journal featuring new ideas for the empirical analysis of politics. Subfield: Methodology .
- Political Behavior: Publishes original research in the general fields of political behavior, institutions, processes, and policies. Subfield: Political Behavior .
- Political Communication: Features research at the intersection of politics and communication. Subfield: Political Behavior .
- Political Geography: An interdisciplinary journal for all students of political studies with an interest in the geographical and spatial aspects of politics. .
- Political Psychology: The journal of the International Society of Political Psychology, dedicated to the analysis of psychological and political processes. Subfield: Political Behavior .
- Political Quarterly: dedicated to political and social reform and has long acted as a conduit between policy-makers, commentators and academics .
- Political Research Quarterly: Published quarterly in association with the Western Political Science Association. .
- Political Science Quarterly: A widely read and accessible scholarly journal on government, politics, and public policy. .
- Political Science Research and Methods: The journal specifically focuses on research applying rigorous methods to empirical or theoretical problems and promotes a rigorous scientific approach to the study of politics. .
- Political Studies: International journal publishes research in all areas of politics and international relations Subfield: Comparative Politics .
- Political Studies Review: Peer reviewed political theory journal. Subfield: Political Theory .
- Political Studies Review: A peer-reviewed journal that provides a unique intellectual space for high-quality original research in political science and the study of politics in related fields .
- Political Theory: Publishes articles on political theory from a wide range of philosophical, ideological and methodological perspectives. Subfield: Political Theory .
- Politics: Original research articles that advance debates in politics and international studies and/or challenge boundaries within the field. .
- Politics & Gender: Publishes research on gender and politics and on women and politics. It aims to represent the full range of questions, issues, and approaches on gender and women across the major subfields of political science. .
- Politics & Policy: Peer-reviewed journal of original research of an international, comparative nature as it applies to public policy and its political implications. .
- Politics and Religion: An international journal publishing high quality peer-reviewed research on the multifaceted relationship between religion and politics around the world. .
- Politics and the Life Sciences: Official journal of the Association for Politics and the Life Sciences, an American Political Science Association (APSA) Related Group. .
- Politics, Groups, and Identities: scholarship on social groups, exploring the politics of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, class and other dimensions of identity and structural disadvantage Subfield: Political Behavior .
- Polity: General interest journal of the Northeastern Political Science Association. .
- Presidential Studies Quarterly: Peer-reviewed political science journal devoted to study of presidents and presidency. Subfield: American Politics .
- Public Administration: Publishes articles on all facets of public administration, public policy and public management. Subfield: Public Administration .
- Public Administration Review: A premier journal in the field of public administration research, theory, and practice. Subfield: Public Administration .
- Public Choice: Studies the intersection between economics and political science. This journal's roots are in the application of economic methods to problems normally dealt with by political scientists. .
- Public Management Review: PMR promotes the dissemination and discussion of such research about public management. Its target audience is the academic and research community. Subfield: Public Administration .
- Public Opinion Quarterly: Publishes important theoretical contributions to opinion and communication research, analyses of current public opinion, and investigations of methodological issues involved in survey validity. Subfield: Political Behavior .
- Public Policy and Administration: original peer-reviewed material within the broad field of public policy and administration Subfield: Public Administration .
- Publius: The Journal of Federalism: Publishes latest developments, trends, and empirical and theoretical work on federalism. Subfield: American Politics .
- Quarterly Journal of Political Science: The highest quality manuscripts in positive political science and contemporary political economy. .
- Ratio Juris: A leading international journal of philosophy of law and general jurisprudence. Subfield: Law Courts Justice .
- Regulation & Governance: serves as the leading platform for the study of regulation and governance Subfield: Public Administration .
- Representation: Journal of Representative Democracy: primary focus is the study of elections and voting systems; but it has a general interest in all matters relating to the theme of "representative democracy" .
- Research and Politics: This journal focuses on short (4,000 word) articles that are easily accessible but that are also methodologically rigorous .
- Rev. of Int'l Organizations: Publishes original scientific contributions in the entire field of political economy, with a focus on the policies and structure of international organizations. Subfield: International Relations .
- Review of African Political Economy: Radical analyses of trends, issues and social processes in Africa, adopting a broadly materialist interpretation of change. Subfield: African Politics .
- Review of Policy Research: Academic journal on the politics and policy of science and technology. Subfield: Public Policy .
- Review of Political Economy: Peer-reviewed journal welcoming constructive and critical contributions in all areas of political economy. .
- Review of Politics, The: Primarily philosophical and historical studies of politics, especially those concentrating on political theory and American political thought. Subfield: Political Theory .
- Social Alternatives: An independent, quarterly refereed journal which aims to promote public debate, commentary and dialogue about contemporary social, political, economic and environmental issues. Subfield: Political Theory .
- Social Justice Research: nvestigating the origins, structures, and consequences of justice in human affairs Subfield: Law Courts Justice .
- Social Politics: the journal for incisive analyses of gender, politics and policy across the globe .
- Social Science History: seeks to advance the study of the past by publishing research that appeals to the journal's interdisciplinary readership .
- Social Science Journal: The Social Science Journal is the official journal of the Western Social Science Association. The principal purpose of the journal is to publish scholarly work in the social sciences .
- Social Science Quarterly: Publishes current research on a broad range of topics including political science, sociology, economics, history, social work, geography, international studies, and women's studies. .
- Social Science Research: Social Science Research publishes papers devoted to quantitative social science research and methodology. .
- Society: Publishes new ideas and research findings drawn from all the social sciences, and presented in a readable and useful manner. It is aimed at decision makers and others. .
- State and Local Government Review: Official journal of the Section on Intergovernmental Administration and Management (SIAM) of the American Society for Public Administration Subfield: Public Administration .
- State Politics & Policy Quarterly: The official publication of the State Politics and Policy Section of the American Political Science Association Subfield: American Politics .
- Studies in Am. Political Development: Articles focus on American governmental institutions over time and on their social, economic and cultural setting. Subfield: American Politics .
- Univ. of Toronto J. of Political Science: A yearly, open access, peer-reviewed issue containing original research conducted by academics and students in all fields related to the discipline of political science .
- Urban Affairs Review: Published by the Urban Politics Section of the APSA. .
- West European Politics: One of the most authoritative journals covering politics, government and public policy in Western Europe. Subfield: European Politics .
- World Politics: Research articles that make theoretical and empirical contributions to the literature, and review articles bearing on problems in international relations and comparative politics. Subfield: Comparative Politics .